ABOUT PROFESSOR DR. MED. CHRISTOPH ANDREE
After completing his degree and receiving his doctorate from the Regional Burn Center at the University of California San Diego, Prof. Andree was awarded a scholarship by Harvard Medical School in Boston, US. His research at the department for plastic surgery at the women’s hospital enabled him to gain even deeper insights into skin cells and their effects on wound healing which had also been the topic of his doctoral dissertation. In 1995, he received the Ferdinand Sauerbruch Research Award for his work conducted in Boston.
After receiving his postdoctoral lecture qualification at the Freiburg University Clinic, he was a awarded an associate professorship at the University of Freiburg.
Prof. Andree and his team have been setting standards all over Europe in the area of autologous breast reconstruction. Only few physicians are able to present a similarly high number of cases and therefore such extensive experience with respect to the so-called DIEP flap procedure. Prof. Andree and his team conduct more than 250 autologous breast reconstructions per year.
Prof. Andree has been a frequent speaker at international expert conferences, and his opinion is valued by his colleagues worldwide. Once a year, Prof. Andree facilitates the International Breast Symposium Duesseldorf which is the second largest expert conference on breast surgery in Europe today. More than 350 surgeons from all over the word attend the event in order to benefit from the experience shared by Prof. Andree as well as international speakers.
AWARDS & THINGS TO KNOW
- Application Serial Number: 08/076,550
„Improved Wound Healing with Genetic Constructs that encodes for Polypeptides using in vivo Gene Transfer Technique“
- Patent application: E19990816
„Soluble,self-hardened, matrix-mediated transfection System“
Original papers as first author:
- Andree C, Langer S, Seidenstuecker K, Richrath P, Behrendt, P, Koeppe T, Hagouan M, Witzel C, Al Benna S, Munder BI: A single center prospective study, of bilateral breast reconstrucition with free abdominal flaps: a critical analyses of 144 patients. Med Sci Monit, 19: 467-474, 2013.
- Andree C, Munder BI, Seidenstuecker K, Richrath P, Behrendt P, Köppe T, Hagouan M, Audretsch W, Nestle-Krämling C, Witzel C: Skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate reconstrucition with DIEP flap after breast-conserving therapy. Med Sci Monit, 18 (12), 2012.
- Andree C, Schmidt VJ, Munder BI, Seidenstücker K, Behrendt P, Witzel C, Raymund HE, Andrews BT, Richrath P: Detecting of breast cancer metastasis be means of regional lymph node sampling during autologous breast reconstruction – a screening of 519 consecutive patients. Med Sci Monit, 18 (7), 2012.
1995 – 2004: University Clinic, Freiburg, Clinic for Plastic and Hand Surgery
1999: Certified specialist physician for plastic surgery
2003: Certified specialist physician for hand surgery
seit 2004: Chefarzt der Klinik für Plastische und Ästhetische Chirurgie, Sana Kliniken Düsseldorf-Gerresheim
seit 2009: Ärztlicher Direktor Sana Kliniken Düsseldorf-Gerresheim
seit 2012: Gründer & wissenschaftliche Leitung des International Breast Symposium Düsseldorf (IBSD)
2014: Eröffnung der Privatpraxis Breast & Body, Königsallee 88, Düsseldorf